I have been off my blog or off blogging or missing-in-action from Bloggersville for about 4/5 days now. Not exactly voluntary... been a little 'busy', so to speak. Plus power cuts... big time! So, its a joint effort (or maybe a joint venture) between my 'busy' phase and the KEB (Karnataka Electricity Board). Bad, bad... KEB. No donuts for you! (Grrrrrrr). Nearly 10 hours of power outage on a sunday... and that too unscheduled... ?!! Not done. (Double grrrrrrr).
But, now, I'm back! *a big grin*
I have a few tags... in my "to do" list, and Shilpa has 'advised' me not to keep them pending and to finish them ASAP. She says... we got to live up to our 'reputation' of being the "Tag Queens". Yup, Shilpa! Point taken! Therefore, I'm taking her 'advise'... and completing one of them, right away. The rest will follow... soon, though! I have been tagged by Dhiman for the Mind Game. More often than not, yours truly initiates a Tag and tag other folks aka FBs. But, this time I was tagged and it's quite a wonderful feeling, I must admit!! "Its different"... to borrow the tagline of 'Maggi Hot n Sweet Tomato Ketchup'... !!! BTW, I absolutely loved the honour of being a "Tag Queen", which I share with Shilpa. Thank you Dhiman for the honour!! May your "Tag Dasa" continue for a long time... unabated. *wink! wink!*
Ummm... My name begins with the alphabet 'R'... and I already know (even before I have begun to do it)... this tag isn't going to be an easy one. Nevertheless, let me get cracking on it...
Tag Rules: It's harder than it looks! (Mind It). Copy to your own note, erase my answers, enter yours, and tag your friends. Use the first letter of your name to answer each of the following questions. They have to be real... nothing made up! (nahi to police pakedegi Savdhan... !!!) If the person before you had the same first initial, you must use different answers. You cannot use any word twice and you can't use your name for the boy/girl name question. Have Fun!!
1. What is your name: Roshmi.
2. A four Letter Word: Road (to success, to good health, to happiness, to friendship, to humour, to life, to eternity... !!)
3. A boy's Name: Rishikesh.
4. A girl's Name: Rohini.
5. An occupation: Rock Star! Wow! Sounds exciting, na... ?!!
6. A colour: Red.
7. Something you wear: Raincoat... when it rains, that is! Sadly, the truant monsoons have spoilt all the fun :(
8. A food: Roast Chicken! Finger-licking and lip-smacking good. Yumm!!
9. Something found in the bathroom: Rod (to keep the towel, silly!!!)
10. A place: Rome, would love to explore this place... so steeped in history and mythology!! Absolutely mesmerizing!
11. A reason for being late: Road condition (traffic jam, road hazzards, e.g., perennial repair/maintenance work on the road... it guarantees/generates employment no doubt; bad roads... filled with potholes, a cow/bull/buffalo suddenly deciding to plonk itself in the middle of the road... while chewing the cud; waterlogged roads... after some intermittent showers. Numerous reasons... you see!)
12. Something you shout: Really! (Not very often, though...)
13. A movie title: "Roar" (starring the mother-daughter pair of Tippi Hedren and Melanie Griffith along with a gang of hitherto unknown lions, tigers, leopards, cheetahs, cougars and jaguars as their co-stars. Melanie later commented: "Lions are a really tough act to play with. Not because they are dangerous, but because they are so funny. They upstage you every time. If you are in a shot with a lion you just know everyone is looking at the cat instead of you.") Hilarious!
14. Something you drink: Red Bull.
15. A musical group: Rhythm (??)... is there one such group... ?!! Errr, no clue! :( Or maybe all R&B groups... ! :)
16. An animal: Rodent!! Very hard working and diligent... they are, and have in both jaws a single pair of incisors with a chisel-shaped edge. Can chew anything to pulp within minutes!!
17. A Street name: Raja Rammohan Roy Road in Bangal-ore/Bengal-uru.
18. A type of car: Rolls-Royce... Classic! (The mascot or the hood ornament on Rolls-Royce cars: "The Spirit of Ecstasy" also called "Emily", "Silver Lady" or "Flying Lady".)
19. A song title: "Rahe Na Rahen Hum, Mehka Karenge Banke Kali Banke Saada Baag-e Wafaa Mein..."
20. A verb: Rob (in true Robin Hood style!)
Ahh! Finally... I'm done! :)
And I'd Tag: Sid 'Ravan' Kabe, IndianPundit, Pawan, The Butterfly Diaries aka Ashwin Baindur, Subhayan, Sumit, Ved, Miss M, Miss Kido, Miss Choco, Reema, whysoserioustoday, AnjuGandhi, Deepa, theishu, wandering soul, Prateek Shah, Tangerine, Tiger, Blogxter, Sobhit, Abagale, Amit414 and Paritosh. Plus... everyone who would like to do it... please suit yourself!! :)
PS: I'm not tagging Kaddu (she's already been tagged by Dhiman. I would have loved to see her 'reaction' on discovering this... having to do another tag, that is, though!) Not tagging again... all those who have already been tagged by Dhiman and Shilpa.
Before I end this post... let me share a few jokes with you... to brighten up your day. Here goes:
1. A family of mice were surprised by a big cat. Father Mouse jumped and said, "Bow-wow!" The cat ran away.
- "What was that, Father?" asked Baby Mouse.
- "Well, son, that's why it's important to learn a second language."
2. Sammy: My parents are sending me to camp.
Tammy: Why? Do you need a vacation?
Sammy: No. They do!
3. Patient: Doctor, my wife thinks I'm crazy because I like sausages.
Psychiatrist: Nonsense! I like sausages too.
Patient: Good, you should come and see my collection. I've got hundreds of them.
4. Indian Prime Minister: We are sending Indians to the moon next year!
US President: Wow! How many?
Indian Prime Minister: 7 OBC, 5 SC, 8 ST, 3 handicapped, 2 sports persons, 3 terrorist affected, 3 Kashmiri migrants, 2 MPs and 1 astronaut.
5. One friend was talking with another friend about his cousin who recently passed away.
- "By the time cousin Jack died he had a transplanted heart, a plastic hip joint, a plastic leg and a plastic arm."
- "Where did they bury him?'"
- "Duh - they didn't bury him, he was recycled!"
6. Teacher: What is the chemical formula of Water?
Teacher: What is that?
Student: This is municipal corporation water...
7. Customer: Waiter, waiter! There's a mosquito in my soup.
Waiter: Don't worry Sir, mosquitoes have very small appetites!
8. Little Johnny had finished his summer vacation and gone back to school. Two days later his teacher phoned his mother to tell her that he was misbehaving.
- "Wait a minute," she said. "I had Johnny with me for three months and I never called you once when he misbehaved."
9. A woman goes to a police station.
Woman: My husband went to the market yesterday to bring potatoes. He has not returned home yet.
Inspector: Why don't you cook something else then?
10. Teacher: If you multiplied 50 by 8 and then divided by 4, what would you get?
Student: The wrong answer.
11. Anjali was having a tough day and had stretched herself out on the couch to do a bit of well-deserved complaining and self-pitying.
She moaned to her mom and brother, "Nobody loves me. The whole world hates me."
Her brother, busy with a computer game, said: "That's not true, Anjali. Some people don't even know you."
12. There was a young man who, in his youth, professed his desire to become a great writer. When asked to define 'great' he said, "I want to write stuff that the whole world will read, stuff that people will react to on a truly emotional level, stuff that will make them scream, cry, howl in pain and anger!"
He now works for a software firm, writing error messages.
Happy Independence Day! Jai Hind!! :)
Note: Jokes, Courtesy: http://www.bangaloremirror.com
An 'unusual' depiction of the alphabet 'R'. Picture, Courtesy: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bibliodyssey/3610882757/sizes/o/